The open call for the 2020 edition of Porto/Post/Doc, that will take place from November 20 to 29, is already open.
Submissions to the festival are open for the following competitions:
- International Competition: documentaries, experimental documentaries and innovative visual productions close to documentaries with duration of or over 50 minutes. Documentary films with a strong fictional component will also be considered. These films must be produced in 2019 or 2020.
- Cinema Novo Competition: documentaries, with less than 40 minutes, from Portuguese film schools or from Portuguese students studying abroad.
- Planetarium Sessions, for immersive films in fulldome format, produced in 2019 or 2020;
- Transmission, for films about music or pop culture, produced in 2019 or 2020;
- Cinema Falado, for Portuguese-speaking or Portuguese-culture related films, produced in 2019 or 2020;
- Mini/ Teenage, for films (animation, fiction or documentary, either short or feature formats), suitable for children and/or teenagers, produced in 2019 or 2020.
The Open Call has the following deadlines:
· early deadline: March 31, 2020;
· regular deadline: June 30, 2020;
· extended deadline: September 15, 2020.
The films can be submitted through FilmFreeway and Eventival platforms.